Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Are you a lover or a hater?

So, I have this orange sweater, I think people either love it or hate it.  I personally love it or I wouldn't have bought it!  I think it's striking and you can see me coming a mile away.  It's funny to see people's reactions and listen to comments they make, all in good fun.  So are you a lover or a hater?

I reached into "The Stack" Sunday and I must have been feeling like a baker because both things I made required me to make a pastry dough!  And you won't believe how hard it was for me to find someone to come eat dinner with us, even my parents had other plans.  But alas, the next door neighbors were happy to be pick number 4 (yes, I had to ask 4 different people before I got a yes!).  And dinner was good.  The first thing I made was Pizza Rustica and I printed the recipe off the net in 2004.  It was really good and a beautiful presentation.  Side note: sometimes it kinda gets on your nerves to be married to a chef.  He thought the filling didn't have a direction, so before I put it in the pan he thought he should doctor it up.  I'm not sure what he added but just to appease him, I said it tasted better but really, it tasted the same.  Don't get me wrong, I've learned a lot from Joe and most of the time, his alterations do make a dish better, just not this one!


For dessert, I made a Free Form Apple Harvest Tart.  I'm not sure from where I printed this recipe but I know it wasn't the internet but it must have come from Kraft because the exact recipe is on their site.  Joe loved it, it's his kind of dessert.  The lemon gelatin was a nice surprise in the cream cheese.  Becky brought over an insanely luscious home made chocolate cake with homemade chocolate icing.  Straight off the Hershey's Cocoa Powder box I think!  This may be the recipe.


All in all, it was a good night with good friends and the Atwood Hill Reserve wine we bought at the wine tasting in November was especially delicious.  I think they are maturing as wine makers.  If you've never been there, make sure you check it out when the weather gets warmer.

By the way, Spring is only 6 weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment