Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Signs, Signs, Everywhere Signs...

I have received a 3rd sign that my New Year's Resolution of serving others is the way to go!  I've applied for a global volunteer opportunity.   Fingers crossed, it would be my original resolution on steroids!  Will let you know more if it comes to be...

Here is the lady lawn ornament/sprinkler I also told you about earlier, forgot the picture last time!



I'm ahead of the fashion trends with my new 99 cent navy blazer from GW.  While reading my bible, February issue, I came across the trend of red, white and blue.  I paired my blazer with red boots!  I did this BEFORE I saw this article.
And, look who else was featured in the bible...cutie patooti Andy Samberg...I think he is crushingly cute!  I've always had a thing for dark, curly hair on guys (Adam, Adrien Grenier, Andrew Shue, you get the picture!)  Ironically, I never dated nor did I marry a man that fits that description!  Anyway, I thought I looked pretty good and was happy to see I was ahead of the trends!  I try!


I haven't cooked much lately and the snow has kept me from shopping, but I have done a little for Gia's birthday party tomorrow.  Six years old...amazing!  When I have everything together, I'll share some photos.

Well, I'm off to find a recipe for a shower I'm throwing with my sis-in-laws on Sunday.  I'm not going into The Stack because I'm sure I can make a cheese appetizer dish with something from the different types of cheeses we have in the house.  Might as well use them up,  so I have to find a recipe that calls for the things I have and has a minimal grocery list. 

Speaking of using up, we had a good dinner tonight.  It pays to be married to a chef!  We had pot roast earlier in the week so Joe turned it into beef gravy over biscuits for dinner.  I wish I had a picture of it, I took it off the camera but when I went to post it, I don't know where I put it!!  It may be the fault of the 2nd apple martini...

Cheddar Biscuits:

1/2 cup shortening
1-1/2 cup self rising flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 TBSP sugar
1 TSP salt
2/3 cup milk
1 cup cheese

Heat oven to 450.  Cut shortening into flour, sugar and salt until mixture resembles fine crumbs.  Stir in milk and cheese until dough leaves side of bowl.  Turn onto floured surface and knead 10 times.  Roll into rectangle, 1/2 inch think.  Cut into 10 biscuits (I don't use biscuit cutters, I just cut into squares with a knife). Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.  Immediately remove from cooking sheet.

Apple Martini:
2 oz vodka (Kettle One, a nice Christmas present from a friend!)
1oz sour apple schnapps
1/2 oz triple sec
splash of Sprite

I have learned from a friend that a splash of Sprite in many clear liquor drinks is just the thing!  Served in a chilled martini glass with a crisp green apple wedge...I wish I could find the picture!

Later...


No comments:

Post a Comment