Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Double Digits and Tickled Pink

Today was the first day of marathon training where we ran double digits.  So, I woke up at 7:00, put on my running gear, had a bowl of Crispex with Craisans, helped Joe with his breakfast party and I was at the store by 8:00 for a 10 miler.  I ran a lot of it by myself because I am not a particularly fast runner, I just enjoy the journey.  The last 4 or so miles I ran it with Craig, who manages Tri-State Running Company (where I train…free…you should check it out); I always like running along side someone I don’t know well because by the end, you know them!  That's how I met my running friend Earl!  So you meet a new person and exercise at the same time!

So, I mentioned my breakfast, why?  Well, when I start getting mileage under my belt I have to be mindful of what I eat in the days prior to and the morning of my long run.  If I eat like shit, quite frankly, I’ll run like shit.  So last night I tried to carb load and made chicken, veggies and orzo.  Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough pasta and I don’t think the Crispex was the right choice because I just didn’t feel energized.  I’ll have to play around with it a little bit and find the right combo.  I do know that I will begin to get a bit depressed when Lent starts because I will not be able to enjoy the fish fry’s…I ate fried fish one time the night before a 16 miler…let’s not talk about it.
So I’m tickled pink too…look at these cute recent GW finds.  First, for Isabelle, a .99 cent Hollister shirt (shhh…don’t tell anyone…what would people think if they knew her shirt came from GW!).  I also found this cute shirt dress, new with tags, from Target.  I can’t understand why no one bought it but it was hanging in the store one night while I was there but I won’t pay full price at GW and dresses weren’t on special that night (I'm cheap, I'm aware of it!).  If I’m not sold on the piece, I’ll chance it until the weekend, where it will be 50% off.  Went in on a Saturday and viola, there it was, half off.  So I picked it up, styled it with pink tights to bring the pink out in the dress and brown belt and shoes.  The cuff bracelet was a find for $2.98 at Francesca’s, love that place!
Isabelle in her new shirt and cupcakes she made!



Isn't this cuff cute!  I love it!

No recipes today, we had a Superbowl party and I made a few things.  Fried Pickles (Isabelle’s request) and barbeque beef brisket.  I had never made either before.  The sauce for the pickles wasn’t my favorite; it just seemed to taste like ranch dressing no matter how much other stuff we put in it.  The brisket was pretty good but I think a bit time consuming.  You had to bake it in the oven, rest it, slice it, put it back in a pan and cover with a homemade sauce and cook again.  I’d rather just throw it in a crock pot and be done with it.  Isabelle tried a new recipe with her dessert!

Isabelle's Cookies and Cream cupcakes!

That’s it for now…happy days to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment