Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Roses are red, vodka bottle is blue…

After being married for almost 15 years, my husband knows the way to my heart!  This was my Valentine’s present…

He catered a party on Superbowl Sunday and they were serving a drink with Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and Wild Berry Schnapps with fresh blueberries.  Joe couldn’t find the Godiva in the small town of Independence so he went with Chocolate Whipped Cream vodka and Raspberry Schnapps and fresh raspberries…isn’t he the best?  Oh, and as you can see I got red roses too.  He loves me!  I’m a lucky woman, he cooks, he cleans, he does laundry, he doesn’t drink so I always have a DD and he buys me nice gifts!  Love you Joe!

The day before Valentine’s Day, I had my parents over for dinner.  They had just gotten back from a cruise and I knew they wouldn’t have anything to make for dinner so I reached into The Stack to make dinner.  I made a  chicken dish in the crock pot but I won't keep the recipe.  It wasn’t bad, it just isn’t our family’s style of cooking.  Let me remind you that I vowed at the announcement of The Stack project that cream of mushroom soup be damned, I was making it if it was in The Stack!  My kids liked it and as I said it wasn’t bad, just not our thing.  I did however make a yummy dessert from the man I would marry if I wasn't married to Joe.  Joe had a bunch of lemons and limes left over from a party so I decided to make a  Lemon Lime Cream TartYou can make the entire pastry recipe and freeze one.  I found the filling recipe could fill two tarts so I half the filling recipe.



The weather is warming up and I'm looking forward to more warm days.  I think like everyone else, I've just had ENOUGH of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment