Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Indian Summer

Well, Indian food and somewhat "summer" weather anyway!

I was at the library the other day and picked up one of the few books by the man I would marry if I wasn't married to Joe that I don't have, Jamie's Food Revolution.  I love his books not only for the recipes but for the pictures as well.  I love a cookbook with lots of pictures, if a cookbook doesn't have pictures, I don't want it.  I was inspired to do Indian and decided on Tikka Masala, bahjins and naan.

I started off by making the naan, I looked through all of my old Jamie books and couldn't find a naan recipe so I went to trusty allrecipes.com and found this recipe for naan.  For an appetizer with had vegetable bhajis and so I don't have to type the recipe out, here is the recipe already typed that I found on the internet.  Very good and all they really did need was a little squeeze of lime, no dipping sauce required.  Last came the Chicken Tikka Masala which was yummy.  The thing about Jamie's recipes is if you follow them, they will turn out great.  They always do.

Warning:  watch out for the chili you use.  I purchased a fresh red chili and thought "I better bite into this a see how hot it is".  I swear my mouth was on fire and I had a blister on my lip!  Needless to say I did not use the chili's and had to settle for red pepper flakes for heat.

The naan making process

Thank you Dan - you can be a hand model.


Tikka Masala with all the fixin's and naan











The Davis and Flanagan families joined us for dinner.  I saw Katy at church, told her I was doing Indian, she mentioned she loved it so we said come on over.  We put a call into the Flanagans and they joined us too.  However, Kevin is not an adventurous eater but he did try everything but I think I made a deal with the devil because I said I would eat possum if he ate Indian.  When Kim told her son they were having Indian food at the Schultz's he asked "You mean like corn and stuff?"...the other type of Indian!
Breaking bread with friends
The aftermath
I did make something from The Stack this week that was not a keeper; Tex-Mex Meat Loaves.  I'm finding that I may have cut these recipes out of magazines or the paper years ago but 9 times out of 10 I can find the recipes on the internet, which saves me a lot of typing.  Anyway, back to meatloaf,   I have a meatloaf recipe that is my go-to that the whole family loves but this was in The Stack and I said I would try everything!

A perfectly balanced meal with so-so meatloaf
GW produced another cute Hollister shirt for Isabelle.  I haven't had much luck lately so nothing to share.

Now I'm off to organize my picutes I have stored on the computer.  I'm not looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment