Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

**RAZZLE**DAZZLE**...fizzle...

This weekend was all about razzle and dazzle.  Let me explain...
I received this ultimate make-up collection for my birthday and I've been having a good time playing with all the colors.  Today I went with blue
eye shadow and pink lips.  I even decided to add a former project of mine
 into the mix.  I thought I may be a little old for it but someone at work told me I could probably get away with it for at least another 6 months! I'm looking a bit "razzle dazzle", don't you think?  Speaking of work, we had a potluck on Friday and I brought this old stand by of Karen's and it was a big hit.

Karen was in town this weekend so I had the family over for dinner Friday night.  We had a crowd with Karen, Mom, Keith, Martha, Emily, Ellen and Brandon...plus Joe and kids.  I made 2 recipes from "the stack" and Martha made 2 from "Delicious Possibilities".  Martha was in charge of appetizer and dessert and hers were both winners with "Razzle Dazzle Cheese Spread" (I think that was the name!) and Chocolate Caramel Bars.  The spread had a mixture of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, green onions, mayo to bind and raspberry preserves on top.  I like the sweet/salty or sweet/savory combo so I thought it was delicious so it went from Delicious Possibilities to "Delicious Definites".  How does that sound in print Martha?  The Choc Caramel Bars were even better the next morning with a cup of coffee after a 4 mile run with Karen. 
Goes good with a cup of joe!


I forgot to take a pic
before digging in!


So where does the fizzle come in?  With both my recipes from the stack.  The main course just didn't cut it for me.  You can't find boneless chicken breast with the skin on so I had to buy them on the bone and Joe deboned them for me.  The breast were huge (that's what she said) and just too much.  The cheese mixture was yummy and I even had some left over so I need to figure out what to do with it.  The side dish looked like it was going to impressive, a layered dish with potatoes, egg noodles, spinach, mushrooms, cheese, green onions cooked in a spring form pan.  It looked impressive...it tasted very bland.  Will not make that again either and won't bother with giving you the recipe here.  Isaac really wanted a graham cracker pie for dessert, like we had on our camping trip to Mohican State Park.  The one we had there was Amish made, I am not Amish so my wasn't.  But he still loved it!


Look who's coming to dinner!
A boy and his pie
An intense game of Pictureka

Brandon's chugging that hot sauce like Hill's chug beer!
Karen got into Gia's hair piece...giraffe!

Saturday night Karen and I went to a "Mother of the Bride" party where you had to dress up in an old bridesmaid dress.  Mom still has all the dresses we wore in past weddings in her basement so finding something to wear wasn't hard.  I styled myself to go with the dress.  Karen and I won for the best dresses so it looks like we had a little razzling and dazzling going on Saturday as well.


Winners!

Karen and I each won a bottle of wine.  I don't know how it tastes yet but I LOVE the name and label

A busy and fun weekend...only now I'm sick and I hope it isn't strep throat because my throat is killing me!








No comments:

Post a Comment