Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fizzle Chicken Salvaged - 3 Ways

OK, so as you know I had a major fizzle with a recipe last week which left me with a lot of leftover chicken and filling I didn't use.  I found a way to use up ALL the chicken and the leftover filling.  I was so proud of myself!  So what I did was "clean" the chicken, I scraped all the cheese filling off the breast so I was left with plain cooked chicken breast.  I chopped that up and made:

1.  Chicken salad (my favorite) - no recipe here, just basic chicken salad with pickles, onions, celery, mayo, salt and pepper.  I love this on saltines...but unfortunately I didn't have any.

2.  Chicken Jalapeno Dip - I found this recipe in a present I got from Isaac from school called "2nd Grade Family Recipes".  It was good and HOT but that's OK with me!

2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 eight oz blocks of cream cheese, softened
1 can of chicken (I used the leftover chicken, obviously)
1 jar of jalapenos, drained

Mix ingredients, bake at 350 until bubbly.  I warmed mine in the microwave and served in a mini crock pot.

3.  Chicken Ravioli - This was a family activity.  I made the pasta dough, following Jamie Oliver's recipe (I have a thing for him, I'd be married to him if I wasn't married to Joe!).  Just flour and eggs, it can't get any easier than that.  We didn't feel like getting out the pasta roller so we rolled it out by hand.  It was a little too thick but still good.  We filled the ravioli with the leftover filling from the fizzle chicken of Friday night that I added the remainder of the cubed chicken.

We have different ravioli making styles, I think mine turned out the best!  I didn't even take a picture of Joe's because it couldn't compare to mine!

I went with the fold-over method, Joe went with one sheet on top of the other.

Fun times rolling and filling ravioli!

They look pretty good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment