Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Challenges Ahead

Weights.  I don't like them.  However, I really should work some into my workout routine because I have absolutely no upper arm strength and will never win The Amazing Race without it.  Sure, I run, but I don't do any type of strength training.  I get both Health and Fitness magazines and they give me strength workouts each month but I just don't do them.  That is going to change.  I just got the December issue of Health (Janet Jackson..Ms. Jackson if you're nasty... is on the cover and looks amazing with her Halle Berry short hair!) and I am challenging myself to do a strenght workout from the mag 3 times a week.  Each month I get the magazine, I'll switch the routine...do you think I can do it?  I'm going to try "Blast It Off With Yoga" which is a combo of yoga and weights...we'll see how it goes!

My next challenge is clothes related.  I read a few style blogs and I've read about this 30 day wardrobe challenge. Here's the deal:

1 Pick 30 items or less from your closest.  Shoes are included, accessories and jewelery are not.
2.  Remix the 30 items into 30 different outfits
3.. Don't shop for 30 days.

Can I do it?  Since I have some free time this week, I'm going to see if I can pick out the 30 items and start next week. 

To stretch my wardrobe, I tried my hand at layering.  I took a summer dress, added a sweater and belt and thought the results were pretty good! 


Now let's talk food...I made pancakes for breakfast on Sunday.  Joe and I make very different types of pancakes, mine are fluffy, his are thin...which ones do you like better?  The kids say mine are better!


I cooked last night but nothing from "The Stack", instead I made a tried and true...this is my go to meatloaf recipe.  I served it with home made mac & cheese (I just heated up some milk and melted in Velvetta and poured over elbow mac) and peas & carrots (which are like Forrest and Jenny!).

Gotta go and do some yoga weights...


No comments:

Post a Comment