Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pizza, Wine and Urinals - all unrelated!

It's not Thursday but you're still going to get a recipe from me today.  My sister Karen always makes "Knife & Fork Pizza", I don't recall if I ever had it or even made it before, but tonight I did both and I won't forget because it's recorded in the blog!  It was in the recipe stack...This is a good "stand-by" recipe, it's easy to make, you probably have all the ingredients on hand and the kids liked it.

Knife & Fork Pizza:

Crust:
1 1/2 cup Bisquick
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of cayenne pepper or hot sauce
1/4 cup hot water
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Topping:
1 pound ground turkey (I used beef)
1 small carrot, grated
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 cup thick and chunky salsa
1/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
2 tbsp chopped olives, green or black, optional
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Colby Jack cheese

Stir together the baking mix, oil, hot sauce, hot water and Parmesan, using a fork, stir until dough comes together.  Let stand 6 minutes.  Heat oven to 450 degrees with rack set at lowest position. 

Meanwhile, cook turkey in skillet with carrot, pepper and onion until meat is cooked and crumbled.  Drain, stir in salsa and barbecue sauce.

Grease a baking sheet or 12 inch pizza pan.  Dust hands with cornmeal, four or baking mix and pat dough into a 12 inch circle.  Spread meat mixture, spring with olives, and cheese.

Bake 12-15 minutes until crust is golden brown.  Cut into wedges and eat with knife and fork.

I have discovered that my sister in law also has a stack of untried recipes...her stack even has a name...Delicious Possibilities.  I like to think I've inspired her to start going through her stack.  I'm having the family over for dinner Friday so I'll make one from my stack and she's going to make one from hers.  I'll tell you how it goes.  So, does anyone else have a recipe stack or is it just a Hill trait?


I had to have my photographer, Isabelle, take a picture of my GW outfit.  I got a lot of compliments on it starting with my husband in the morning right on through work and into the evening (here's your SHOUT OUT ELLEN!).  The shirt is Banana Republic and cost me 99 cents; the skirt is Isaac Mizrahi for Target and it also set me back 99 cents.  The jewelery is from Kohl's.  I'll let you in on my secret...they have the best clearance jewelery!  I get cool stuff at a great price. 

Saturday night we had a wine tasting fundraiser at school.  What a fun night.  I got to hang out with both new and old friends!

Me and my friend for over 25 years, Deb!

New Friends - why is Kevin hiding???

Aren't we a cute couple???



Old Friends.  Wish the pic wasn't so dark.
 And when I went to get my pics off my camera, look what I found!!

The culprit,  so innocent with her matching purple sweater and nails!



 That's it for now folks...catch you later!


No comments:

Post a Comment