Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tried and True...Recipes, Friends, Husband

I had a lot of tried and true happenings this week so let's get started...

First, for "Thursday night dinner with Mom" which I'm now going to have call "Thursday night dinner with Mom and Dad" since golf season is now over, I just didn't have the energy to pull out the recipe stack to try something new so I stuck with these two recipes, which I make quite often and are delish...plus, I didn't have to make a trip to the grocery store because I usually gave everything on hand for these recipes. 
Asian Marinated Grilled Chicken and Fried Rice.  I don't actually make mine kabobs, I just use the marinade recipe but add 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp granulated garlic and a little red chili paste for heat.  I use chicken thighs.  For the rice, I add whatever veggies I have on hand, which that night was carrots, onions and zucchini with a little fresh snipped chives on top (from my garden). 

 Dinner was followed by a GW trip, where pants and skirts were 99 cents.  SCORE!  2 pair of pants for work, leggings, a skirt (LOVE the a-line 60's look of this skirt) a pair of lounge pants and some Adidas pants for winter running.
 Last night was my 25 year high school reunion.  And let me say, I have the best husband and friends!  It was all about Nancy last night.  At 5:30 Joe drove me to Mainstrasse so I could have a beer with one of my best friends, Jay (shout out Jay, you're supposed to be reading this!).  My friend Deb picked me up at the bar and drove me to the reunion.  It was great to see everyone and a good time was had by all.  At 11:00 Joe came and picked up me and my friends and drove us out to Boogie Nights, where we danced the night away.  Boogie Nights was followed by Anchor Grill and finally home at 4:30am!  Joe had to stay up and make spaghetti and meatballs for the men's retreat at church PLUS he had to go into work tonight with no sleep.  AND he has to get up tomorrow and cook some more.  But he drove me and my friends around and I love him for being so good to me!  I had a camera with me and only took one pic...of me and Jay...

I am dead tired today and have pretty much be laying around doing nothing...which is exactly what I plan to do for the rest of the day!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment