Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

GOOD TIMES. GOOD RECIPES. GOODWILL, GOOD FIND?

So, I’m not as up on this blogging thing like I thought I would be…Fall TV started.  So excited that Amazing Race is back (Karen and I WILL be on that one day…I will keep watching the application deadline and NOT miss it this time!).  Gotta love Modern Family and one of my new favorites is Mike & Molly…I think it’s pretty damn funny.  Then I have to get in LA Ink, Project Runway, it’s all too much!  And I DVR too!  The Glades is stock piled in the DVR so have to get those watched too.  And what about Sister Wives…

We have been so busy in September, Labor Day, day trip to Cumberland (see Karen’s boobs in previous post!), Erica’s wedding (all my kids were in it and we had so much fun!), a camping trip with neighbors last weekend and this Sunday Joe has the annual Spaghetti Dinner at San Antonia.  So, here we go…

Good Times

Erica’s wedding was beautiful, wonderful and a good time was had by all.  I know the bride was beautiful, but take a look at my kids…how did we make these 3 amazingly cute kids???











We also went camping at Kincaid Lake with a couple neighbors (shout out Wetzel’s and Wyatt’s!).  And…I did not take pictures.  I don’t’ know why, I had my camera…I guess it goes back to me not being very sentimental. 

Good Recipes

I’ve dug into the recipe pile and have 2 keepers:

I took this snack mix on the camping trip and everyone seemed to like it. 

Tex-Mex Snack Mix

½ cup butter or margarine, melted
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp oregano
3 cups Crispex cereal
1 ½ cups cheese balls
1 ½ cup corn chips
1 ½ cup mixed nuts

Mix seasonings with melted butter.  Place cereal, corn chips, cheese balls and nuts in a mixing bowl.  Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture and mix well.  Spread onto a baking sheet and bake in 250F oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.  Cool and store in airtight container.

I also made this recipe for my Thursday night dinner with Mom and Dad and it turned out good as well.  I made it with pork instead and we served ours over cabbage and had fried rice on the side:


Goodwill and good find?

I hit pay dirt…Nine West Mary Jane wedges, looks like they’ve never been worn…$2 (remember, I’m so cheap that I generally only buy the stuff at GW that is on daily special!)

Good find?  Not so sure…I do this sometimes…they were such a good deal that I couldn’t pass them up but they are 8 1/2 and I can sometimes wear an 8 ½ but generally I’m a 9.  I wore them to work the other day and they hurt my right foot.  However, I always have some trouble with running injuries in that foot so I’m going to give it another try!  If they still hurt, it’s donated back to GW and it only cost me $1 each time I wore them!

I bought this jacket last night ($3.50) and got the inspiration from a DNKY ad and some other faux leather items I’ve seen in my bible (Glamour!) the past few months.  I’d like to style it with my peacock items and think they look pretty good together.   I’m SO sick of always wearing my jean jacket and I wanted something different.  What do you think of the jacket?

And Beth M., in answer to the question you always ask, I generally only go to one GW so I can’t really comment about any of the others.  I never do that well in Florence.  But I don’t know if I want to give away my secret GW location in risk that others will learn my secret!  Remember to always get the calendar when you go in so that you know what is discounted every day of the week!  And remember, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment