Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

So, you think you can sew?

I think I've bit off more than I can chew.  The kids have to dress up as saints every year for school around Halloween.  I figured I could make generic cloaks for each of them and we can accessorize year after year with the various and assorted items that make up the saint they choose.  I watch Project Runway... so obviously I know how to sew!  (I'm rooting for Mondo!)  I will keep you posted on my progress, I cut out the pattern for one tonight and I'll begin to sew tomorrow.  And no, I don't even know how to thread the machine!

I stopped by Mom's to get the sewing machine and while I was there, I retrieved one of recipes Mom used to make and I love...Barbecued Butter Meatloaves.  I had that with grilled zucchini and pasta.  And my poor mini-Weber...look how I have to prop her up. 

Earl and Beth gave me their big Weber but I just don't have the heart to part with my baby.  We got it out of the trash when we lived in Price Hill and it has served me well!


Meatloaves:
2 pounds ground beef
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup chopped green pepper (I omitted)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix everything together.  Form into 8 loaves.  Place on foil.  Top each with onion slice.  Spoon sauce over loaves.  Reserve some sauce to service with meal.  Seal.  Cook over indirect coals for 25 minutes.

Butter Barbecue Sauce
1 stick butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Place butter in sauce pan over medium low heat and cook until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.

Gia and Joe had a pumpkin carving date at school Friday night.  Here's her pumpkin.


And here's my beautiful husband and kids.


Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment