Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Why do you always drink beer on Thursdays?

Because Mom comes over for dinner on Thursdays!  Just kidding Mom!  Anyway, that's what Isabelle asked me today as I sipped an ice cold Heineken!

So, I'm starting a project.  Over the course of many, many years, I have clipped and saved receipes from various places.  The stack is about an inch or 2 thick.  I'm going to make every one of them.  Cream of mushroom soup and cheez whiz be damned!  If I saved it, I'm making it.  Then I'll know if it gets pitched or saved in my recipe book.  What better way to try these recipes out than on Mom when she's over her for dinner on Thursdays.  Dad gets to try them too but in leftover form, he works at the golf course on Thursdays so he gets a doggy bag.

So tonight I made "Smoked Pork Chops" and I will say...it's a keeper.  Here's the recipe (its a strange combo but turned out excellent)

3/4 cup Italian salad dresing
2 tablespoons applesauce
2 tablespoons salsa
1 tablespoon sugar
salt/pepper
pork chops (6)

Mix ingredients, mariante pork overnight then smoke or grill.  I didn't pour all the marinade over the pork chops, I saved a little for brushing the chops occasionally while grilling.


I adore my little Weber kettle grill.  No gas for this girl!

I also made desert, an Oatmeal Pie.  Verdcit:  pitch it.  Didn't even deserve a picture.  But I'll include the recipe here because look how easy it is to make.  Just didn't wow me enough to be a keeper.

OK, hold on, I was typing the receipe and didn't make it exactly as written...I'm not even going to tell you what I did because it would be too embarassing to admit.

Tomorrow I will be making some cookies for the weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment