Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Breaking 100...

Joe and I decided about a month ago to have a Christmas open house.  We've never had a Christmas party before and I just felt the need to do it.  Strangely, we're not really invited to many Christmas parties each year; I'm not sure if that's because no one is inviting The Schultz's to parties or if people are not having them!  So, if we can't go to a party, the party can come to us!

While stressful in the beginning, the party turned out to be a blast.  And the best part is we broke 100 when it comes to attendance...we had 101 people!  Crazy!  Joe and I feel very blessed to be able to say we have 100 people that would show up to our house to celebrate the season with us (but let's be honest, it may be Joe's cooking that brings them here too!)  We had family, old friends and new friends in attendance and everyone mingled and looked to be having a jolly fun time! 

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the night!  However, I am left with a lot of good memories and LOTS of bottles of wine and whiskey and even a couple 6 packs from party-goers bearing gifts.  I may have to switch from beer and become a wino for a while...life is rough!  Here are some of the memories of the night:

The cookies - I flipped my brother Keith the bird on more than one occasion last night.  I made Spumoni cookies that looked beautiful but tasted like absolutely nothing.  How disappointing to put so much work in to dividing the dough, making each layer of chocolate, pistachio and cherry and then have it taste like nothing which Keith made sure to tell everyone who went for the cookie how it was a terrible cookie!  You win some you lose some.  Thanks Keith!

The sledding - I have an old wooden sled on my front porch that was serving as a nice winter decoration...until all of Joe's friends decided to go sled riding.  It was hilarious to see all of them going down my side yard and coming up covered in snow.  I guess the alcohol numbs the pain and cold.  Props to Kevin for going down standing up!

Little Beers - quite possibly, the best shot ever!  Joe M. brought this concoction.  Vanilla flavored vodka in little tine clear ups with just a dab of whipping cream on top so it looked like a nice beer with the perfect head (that's what she said!).  It was a hit of the party.

Moonshine - if you stayed late enough, Jason provided moonshine in a mason jar...the official spirit of the hills of Kentucky!

Barb - she got a lot of beer and a little moonshine in her, enough said, if you know Barb and have been to Joe's Father Day party, you know....

Joe's present from Jack - a T-shirt that Jack bought for himself but didn't fit...so he gave it to Joe.  Good thing is the shirt is a logo shirt for the drum cymbals Joe favors.

I'm sure a lot more memorable things took place last night.  I just hope everyone that was there will have good memories of sharing time with friends during one of the best times of year.

Merry Christmas to all and next time I'll have pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment